Fashion & Lifestyle Industry: How website becomes game changer?
It has no doubt that fashion & lifestyle industry’s share increases in global economy year over year. I just want to go ahead after sharing a small fact I have collected from statista.com.
“In 2014, the direct value of fashion industry was measured at 26 billion GBP, it has around 20% hike compare to 2009. In such a way the total contribution (including direct & indirect) of fashion industry in economy was 46 million GBP”
People lived in Europe continent are prime focus of my all writings so here I would like to share an interesting fact which explains you why you have to develop your digital identity or reputation (website, blog, eCommerce, mobile app etc.).
I am going to break up the 24 hours of a day spend by adults lived in UK and other European territory. This survey was conducted by Ofcom- communications regulator.
Conclusion of the above survey: “UK adults spend times on media more than asleep”. Now let me reveal my own observation on this issue. If you subtract sleeping hours (8.21) and hours spend on media (8.41) from 24 hours, you will get 7.38 hours only. In remaining 7.38 hours he/she spends for transportation, launch, dinner and breakfast, fitness activities and many others.
Unless you are a fashion retailer or have a state of the art shop on high street, you must think solemnly. Everyone who concern with fashion & lifestyle industry should ask a prime question to himself.
When people visit your store? Can he/she spend time from strict schedule of 7.38 hours?
Similar question should ask whether you are a fashion brand, model, designer, manufacturer and fashion or lifestyle author. One has to understand the significance of your web or digital identity as soon as possible because as early you realize, as more benefit you will reap.
During the time of exploration on web, I found number of renowned brands, retailers and fashion nib still have poor or none web identity. Many popular apparel & fashion accessories retailers still ignore website, eCommerce shop, Facebook and twitter fan page. No matter how nicely they are performing on high street or offline world, it’s not a future. They have to move online.
However I have explained the major reason of establishing web identity above (survey) but here I want to uncover some more reasons to make my point stronger.
- Web is the biggest platform for mouth to mouth marketing. People suggest their experience by referring your website or social media page on whatsapp and other chat massagers.
- Positive feedback or review published on the web make you hero. Your store get overcrowd if people’s shopping experience will awesome. This is also true if you are author or fashion journo, your blog or article will get unlimited web traffic.
- Audience can browse your online store, blog, website, photo-shoot (if you are fashion model), and collection (if you are fashion designer) at their convenient time. In offline world they have to come in time otherwise your shop has been closed.
- People choose brand or store who has web identity over who has no identity at all. Because when people get cheated by shop or brand, they can denigrate it on social media and other UGC websites. Web is the best platform for expressing rage.
- Less investment much ROI. You can do the entire brand digitization including custom logo design, website design, eCommerce store development, corporate identity (business cards, brochure, flyer, email-template, and catalogue) and social media set up. All these things cost less than a monthly rent of your shop or store on high street of London. (Avg. monthly rent of a store on London’s high street is £5400).
Irrespective of the segment you are connected with fashion industry whether you are brand owner, retailer, manufacturer, designer, model, you just need to deliberate about my concern of website designing and brand digitization.
This is my second article on fashion industry to elucidate on website importance in today’s global business perspective. Don’t forget to check my first article how can you become a market leader in travel business via website?
Your feedback is always appreciated, it will improve my writing and of course me!!!